“You” shall mean you, the user of the Site. “We/Us” means Companions Rest Memorials. “Site” means the website you are now on, www.companionsrestmemorials.com.
What do we collect?
We can only provide the goods and services ordered by you if you provide us with your personal data. For providing these services, we collect personal data about you such as – your full name, address, telephone, e-mail address and payment method. Please, note that Companions Rest Memorials does not handle or have access to your credit card information for orders placed via this website.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How do we share the information we collect?
- In order for our business to function effectively, we need to work with a number of external companies such as DPD , FedEx, or EmsBulpost, Australia Post for deliveries. In instances where we need to process your data via a third party, we will always safeguard your information and ensure that our suppliers are also compliant with all applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- As a company that operates in different countries, Companions Rest Memorials is obligated to comply with legal requests for data by regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- If we believe that you may be connected with fraudulent or other illegal activity, or have ill intentions towards Companions Rest Memorials, our employees or any of our customers, we will take the necessary action to protect our security and services by working with government enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies. This may involve sharing your information with these parties.
How we DON’T use your information
- We will never share your information with third-party advertisers or ad networks.
- We will never sell your information.
- We have a legal obligation to do so, or,
- You have specifically requested and provided consent to do so
Your options and choices when it comes to the data we hold about you and your business.
- Updating your contact preferences – You can verify the details you have submitted to us on email@example.com . Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and your business address.
- Updating your personal information – You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by us regarding your profile at any time.
- Updating your marketing preferences – If you have opted into receiving our marketing offers and newsletters, from time to time we will send you information via email or post regarding our products and services that we think may be of interest to you such as exclusive offers. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time.
To unsubscribe from our email marketing only, please do one of the following:
- Clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications which we might send you,
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have completed one of the actions above, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing emails or communications.
Please note that it may take a few days for all our systems to have update and that you might receive a small number of emails from us while we process your request.
To unsubscribe from receiving marketing information by post please let us know by:
If you choose to opt out of receiving marketing materials by post, please note that this may take up to 2 months to process as a campaign may already be underway at the time of you unsubscribing.
- If you would like to update your contact preferences and opt out of receiving email marketing this may take up to 22 working days to process.
- Closing your account – You can close your account by contacting our Customer Care team. If you decide to close your account, it will be deactivated within 14 working days. Please note that we are required by our bank (DSK) to keep records of any transactions for a period of 8 years so we will retain archived copies of your information for this purpose.
- Requesting a copy of your personal data – At any time, you can request a copy of the personal data we hold on our systems about you. If you wish to do so, please contact our customer care team who will be able to assist you with your query. We won’t charge you anything for this, but we might need to ask some further questions to confirm your identity before we provide any information.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.